The body doesn’t need high amount of protein PART 2

The body doesn’t need high amount of protein PART 2
  • Secondly, for sausages and smoked meats to have a nice red color, are added nitrates. It is known that, following reactions of nitrates and various amines are formed nitrosamines with carcinogenic action. High temperatures above 1832 F enhances the formation of nitrosamines, and as a result, the risk is higher in people who eat roasted meat frequently. Interesting is that the alcohol favors the formation of nitrosamines.
  • Third, smoked foods contain polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons as benzopyrene- a powerful carcinogen substance. The highest amounts of benzopyrene are found especially on the surface of smoked products, as those who want to consume smoked products must peel off the external layer. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are formed in smoked meats, as grilled meat or pan.

We are forced to say that all the burning or roasting processes generate PABs, which are found not only in the pan meat prepared, oven or grill, but also in the roasted coffee, coffee substitutes and chocolate substitutes, therefore, all products underwent heat treatment at higher temperatures.

In Iceland, where there is the highest mortality by digestive cancer from Europe, diseases affects with priority population groups who use more meat and smoked fish in their alimentation.

In some regions of Hungary, the proportion of gastric cancer represents 47-50% of all malignancies, versus 30% in the rest of the country, in these areas being consumed more smoked meat in household conditions, with smoke conifer.

Recent research highlighted the formation of some compounds with stronger mutagen action than benzopyrene, at temperatures that exceed 1832 F, therefore all roasted prepared at moderate temperature, below 3632 F.

Let’s mention briefly other effects of meat consumption.

  • Meat products cause an additional intake of phosphorus, and as a result, an imbalance of phosphorus and calcium. Phosphorus excess train the precipitation of calcium as insoluble tricalcium phosphate, which is excreted in faeces.
  • Meat consumption causes loss of calcium by kidney means. The flesh is a strong acidifying food, and the body tries to protect itself from the acid excess using the calcium it removes it from the bones, which will lead to osteoporosis.
  • Excess of food protein, which is made by meat, increases the urea synthesis, and through enzymatic mechanisms decreases the nitric oxide production. Nitric oxideplays an important role in the bone formation, inhibiting the bone osteoclastic reabsorption and modeling the bone mineral metabolism.
  • Finally, a few words about the role of animal protein in the inflammatory processes. Inflammatory phenomena are characterized by chain reactions, conducted by different substances, including eicosanoids which are critical important.

Eicosanoids, which favors inflammation, vasoconstriction platelet aggregation, belong to polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-6, which is synthesized, starting from linoleic acid and moving through arachidonic acid. So, the arachidonic acid occupies a key position as a substance in the production of eicosanoids from omega-6 group, which favors inflammations. The human body needs daily 1 mg of arachidonic acid.

And now attention! Arachidonic acid enters the human body ONLY through animal foods – meat, fat, eggs, milk and derivatives.

With custom alimentation of western countries, in the body is ingested, each day, 300 mg versus the needed amount of only 1 mg. From this enormous amount, only 10% disolves through oxidative processes, and the remaining 90% is directed to periphery cells of the body, for the synthesis of eicosanoids from the group omega-6, which favors inflammation, thrombosis and vasoconstriction.

As you see, eicosanoids, coming from arachidonic acid, favors inflammatory processes phenomena from chronic rheumatism and vascular affections. And the good results obtained in this condition by avoiding animal foods merely confirm that it should not be part of the human alimentation.

Categories: Diet, Health, Nutrition
Tags: meat, proteins

Write a Comment

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*