Omega-3 fatty acids have some benefits, but mostly are bad PART 2
The consumption of fish oil has some effects that are not known enough.
- Fish oil can increase blood sugar levels in adult diabetes. Researchers at the University of California have found that after four weeks of treatment with fish oil, increased the glycemia by 20%, and this because the eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) can decrease the insulin secretion.
- Diet rich in fish and fish oil can increase a lot the clotting time. Eskimos, though have fewer cases of coronary disease, shows more cerebral hemorrhage. It seems that the fish diet changes the platelet function so that bleeding occur more easily.
- Fish oil capsules are expensive. In the United States, treatment for one year costs about $ 600.
- Large amounts of fish oil can upset the vitamin balance of the body. Vitamins A and D levels can increase so much that it becomes toxic. Simultaneously, can cause a deficit of vitamin E.
- Due to high calories content, large quantities of fish oil lead to a significant increase in the weight body.
- Water animals are a source of infectious diseases. In the United States are recorded annually 120,000 food poisoning through water livings. The actual number is much higher. Food poisoning is 15 times more common with fish products than with poultry, pork or beef. In this regard, molluscs and crustaceans presents a sinister record.
- Many toxic substances – mercury, dioxin, pesticides – is accumulated in the fish fat and will also be present in the fish oil. Due to industrial pollution, the fish contains 200 different chemicals substances, 900 of which are found in the waters where they lives.
For example, mercury considered before more like a danger for water livings than humans can produce brain and nerve damage in the fetus and young children if the mothers have a food rich in fish or other water livings. The bigger the fish, the bigger concentrations of mercury it contains.
The first observations regarding the toxic action of mercury on the fetal brain, date since 1950 and were made in Japan, on the the population around the bay Minamata, where an enterprise was storing mercury wastes, and locals consumed fish from those waters. Hundreds of children were born with horrible defects after their mothers ate fish contaminated with mercury compounds, and thousands of children have experienced brain injuries.