Natural Approach to Detoxifying the Body
It’s not right to do a detox diet just because you want to imitate others or perhaps you heard that it does something good. Some detoxification programs are not quite safe. Intense detox programs should only be done with supervision of a medical professional.
Things to Remember When Having a Detox
If you want to detoxify your body, you can start by following a good diet and abandoning unhealthy eating habits. Do it everyday and you will become detoxified naturally. The worst thing you can do is use a wrong detox plan.
How Can Detox Plans Be Wrong?
Think about how the liver will be affected by an intensive detox plan. When toxins are removed too quickly, it causes an overload on the liver. Because of the inability to cope with work, toxins do not leave the body as they normally do. Some enter the bloodstream and cause different illnesses.
Another problem is the temporary effect of the detox program because people go back to their old ways after the detox. If people will not follow healthy habits like a good eating plan, the detox program will not have much effect.
However, it cannot be denied that the body needs detoxification. People are continually exposed to all kinds of pollution and toxins. Processed foods and medications are just some of the common sources. The immune system cannot combat all the toxins all of the time.
When Do You Need a Detox?
When you’ve been on a wrong diet, having a detox will be really beneficial. If you’re eating processed foods, drinking too much alcohol, having stress and no exercise, you need to have a formal detox to effect changes.
Eating nutritious food is the foundation of an effective detox plan. Without this, diet pills and other supplements won’t help. Have more fruits and veggies balanced with meat, poultry, fish and eggs. Avoid processed food and ready-to-eat meals.
When you go on a detox program, do it safely! Don’t just focus on one organ to detoxify. Don’t single out the liver, take care of the kidneys, bowels and other parts as well.
How Do You Do a Detox Naturally
Find below a few natural ways to detoxify your body:
- Take a slice of lemon and ginger and put them in boiling water. Leave for then minutes then drink this tea every morning. This is a good detox and boosts your blood circulation.
- Add Epsom salt to your bath water. It will help detoxify your skin by getting rid of impurities.
- Eat a handful of Brazil nuts as snack to boost your selenium levels.
- Add chia seeds to your salad to get added fiber in your diet. Fiber helps eliminate toxins from your bowels.
- Alkalise your drinking water by adding a splash of chlorophyll. It helps to remove the heavy metals like mercury in your body.
Just do what has been talked about in this article and you’ll be amazed at how much it can impact your health.
Photo credit: Image by Laura D’Alessandro via Flickr, CC BY 2.0