LEMON BALM – BENEFITS
– Stomach inertia, indigestion, gastrointestinal spasms, flatulence, bloating – powder or combined infusion.
– Anorexia – ½ – 1 teaspoon of powder, 4 times per day for at least 3 weeks. It has to be taken 30 minutes before eating. For enhanced effects each dose can be associated with an amount of a peak of knife basil powder (Ocimum basilicum).
– Nausea, vomiting – a teaspoon of the plant powder is kept under the tongue for 20 minutes, then can be swallowed. Repeat the administration for 4 times per day for as long as necessary. For enhanced effects can be associated with a quarter teaspoon of powdered ginger root (Zingiber officinalis).
– Chronic colitis, enterocolitis, intestinal and abdominal colic (for children too) – combined infusion, 3 cups per day; Children will be given half a cup 3 times per day.
– Hyperthyroidism (by blocking the action of TSH) – preferably administered as a powder, sublingual. The treatment lasts 4-6 months. The effects are greatly amplified by the association with yellow nettle powder(Gallium verum). If sublingual administration is hard to take, will be switched to combined infusion – 3 cups per day (before swallowing it, gargle for 2-3 minutes).
– High blood pressure – powder, sublingual, 4 times per day in the course of long duration. It is especially useful in cases of increasing tension associated with nervousness, stress. It is often used in combination with other hypotensive herbs (mistletoe, hawthorn, sole goose).
– Viral infections (herpes virus infections helpful for influenza virus), helpful with bacterial and fungal infections – administered 2 times per day one cup of combined infusion. In the herpes virus case is recommended a long course, at least 3 months.
– Biliary dyskinesia, helpful for kidney stones – concentrated combined infusion – 1 cup per day. – nervousness, stress, anxiety, depression, nervous tiredness, Alzheimer (helpful to reduce states of agitation and memory improvement) – is administrated in the form is more accepted – powder or combined infusion.
– Memory disorder – powder, one teaspoon three times per day at the same times.
– Insomnia – concentrated combined infusion, 1 cup 2 hours before sleep everyday. The combination with Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) – 1 teaspoon of powder in a cup, cause effects similar to those of synthetic sedatives, but without their side effects.
– Migraines, vertigo, tinnitus (ringing in the ears) – powder 4 times per day, in the course of 1-2 months.