Exercise and your Heart 2
- Instead of parking right in front of the store or your work, you can park further away in order to give yourself a little walk.
- If you take the bus, get off several stops before your destination, or just don’t take the bus at all; seeing mother nature and getting some fresh air is much better than a crowded bus anyway.
- Never take the escalator or elevator no matter how many floors you must travel up. Always take the stairs because stair climbing is a really great way to get into shape.
- Instead of taking coffee breaks or cigarette breaks at your work or at school, you can take little exercise breaks and squeeze in some much needed cardio training. You can always go for a walk, climb some stairs, or even do some minor exercises in the break room.
- Get outside, maintain your home, and stay active around your house. Instead of watching TV or reading books, you can do some gardening, chores around the house, or home repairs too. These things aren’t only good for your health, they’re good for your home too!
- Try to avoid doing things that make any task easier; turn off the self-propelling device on your lawn mower or vacuum cleaner, don’t use the television remotes, and do anything you can to stay active because all of the little things will add up at the end of the day.
- You can still watch TV, but a good idea is to exercise while watching TV. You can always put down a yoga mat or some kind of exercise equipment in front of the TV while watching your favorite shows or movies. You can do yoga, Pilates, pushups, sit-ups, and any other exercise that you see fit to be done on your living room floor.
- Always keep your workout gear such as running shoes on hand so you can go for a quick run or do some exercises wherever you are.
The trick is to always exercise no matter what you are doing because anything can be turned into exercise! You don’t have to be fit, in good shape, and you don’t have to be young either; it’s never too late to start exercising, because no matter what your age or fitness level is, it’s a proven fact that regular exercise will help maintain your heart health.