What is Apple Cider Vinegar Good For?
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is an all-natural product that contains good bacteria. That is the major reason why it gives many health benefits. It also has acetic acid, nutrients and minerals like potassium, magnesium and calcium.
To make ACV, fresh, organically grown apples are crushed and put in wooden kegs to mature. This boosts the natural fermentation of the crushed apples. Refined and distilled vinegars sold in supermarkets do not undergo fermentation in the same way. When you see the dark, cloudy foam, called mother, it shows that the vinegar is already mature. Just hold the liquid against the light to see the foam.
Health benefits of ACV
There are various conditions that have been found treatable by ACV. Instead of antibiotics and prescribed drugs, ACV may be used to:
- Strengthen the body’s immune system against ailments
- Increase metabolic rate which stimulates fat loss
- Naturally maintain healthful digestion and prevent bowel irregularity
- Take away soreness due to gout and arthritis
- Keep the body in good condition and without bladder stones or urinary tract infections
- Protect an individual from acquiring sinus infections and sore throats
- Balance high cholesterol levels
- Avoid acne breakouts and other skin problems
- Stop food poisoning
- Defend the body against allergic reactions
- ACV may also be used is in shedding weight, treating yeast infections and alleviating constipation.
- Helps people with diabetes because of its natural ability to control high sugar levels.
Practical Application of ACV
ACV can also cure smelly breath or halitosis because of its germ killing properties. In a cup of water, put 2 teaspoons of ACV then gargle the solution for approximately 10 seconds. Carry out the gargling until you have used up all of the concoction. You will see an improvement in your breath soon.
Pimples may be treated with apple cider vinegar. Prepare a mix of 2 tablespoons ACV and 250 mL of water. Wet cotton balls with the solution and apply to the acne breakouts a few times each day. This is perfect for treating the zits or skin infection and inflammation.
Apple cider vinegar has been found effective for doing away with bad odor and odor-causing germs. By changing the skin’s pH, it kills the bacteria. For armpit odor, just simply wipe your underarm after shower using pure ACV. For treating foot smell, get ready a saucepan with warm water and add 1/3 cup of ACV. Soak your feet in this solution once weekly for 15 minutes.
ACV is naturally high in pectin which can coat and relieve the colon lining. Therefore, it is a good cure for diarrhea when the colon lining is irritated. You have to consume one glass of water having two tbsp of ACV to ease the diarrhea. Repeat this 3 times every day until the signs and symptoms disappear. To enjoy this excellent remedy and help with the flavor you could put one tablespoon of raw honey or maybe a few drops of liquid stevia.
Photo credits: Pixabay